Thursday, January 19, 2012

Thursday. Stop motion

Address Is Approximate from The Theory on Vimeo.



I am terribly sentimental, and endlessly excited for things a lot of people don't care about. I put a lot of emotion into almost everything I do, which means I take things personally and I get hurt a lot. I don't think this is a bad thing - I wouldn't want to be any other way really (well, sometimes I would) - but it does mean that sometimes things - everything, anything - are hard. It's hard to get excited about things, to care about things, and want people who you think should care to care, but have them not.

Yesterday I was talking to my mom about this, and she said that if I continued on this way - to have these high expectations of people - that I would just be let down. It sounds harsh, and in a way it is, but in a way it's not, because it's pretty true. I would never have no expectations of someone, but I'm working out what those expectations should be. I can't place so much of myself onto/into other people, because they're other people, and that's what makes them great, but also what makes it hard.

I take comfort in the fact that I think seeing a guy dressed as a full on cowboy is great. I like the fact that I look up weird things on the internet. I look around and watch a lot, and because of that I see so many neat things that I appreciate. It would be great if others did as well, or if they shared my mentality on certain things, but not everyone does, and that has to be okay.

I think this video is amazing. It's been so cold here, and I've been feeling generally meh. I was looking at places to go to break out of the blah, maybe not realistically, but places I would like to go someday, and it made me feel a little better. Finding this video reinforces that feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment